Daytona Employment is currently recruiting for a Personal Lines/ Account Manager/ CSR
SUMMARY: The Account Manager/ CSR contributes to the Agency's revenue by providing excellent customer service and cross selling additional lines of insurance to existing clients in order to retain the business. The main focus of an Account Manager/ CSR is on customer service and providing assistance to the Account Representatives on renewals and service related tasks.
This position also maintains accurate client accounts and provides prompt, efficient, high-quality service to all calls received always remembering that every call is an opportunity to sell.
• Promote and enhance the reputation of the Agency
• Interact with and cross sell every dept of the agency
• Immediately develop proficiency in the use of agency client services computer software (e.g. AMS 360, Office 365, rating programs, word processing, Outlook, etc.)
• Answer all incoming calls in a professional manner
• Return phone calls promptly and follow up on requests
• Perform special projects at the request of designated clients after being approved by management
• Responsible for gathering the information for the renewal of designated accounts sixty days prior to renewal.
• Binders and/or policy or endorsement requests are to be completed within 24 hours of date quoted to client
• Conduct periodic service calls for designated accounts
• Collect necessary deposits, arrange for binders, evidences, etc.
• Review updated client exposure survey information, obtain other renewal information from insured, and complete applications for designated renewal business sixty days before renewal date
• Prepare rewrite applications for business.
• Receive phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of markets, underwriting criteria and use of company specific materials
• Determine acceptability and placement, complete applications or endorsements, and collect premium when applicable
• Review existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and do so by mail and/or phone prior to renewal
• Receive and review all terminations and cancellations to determine action to be taken, and take needed action within 48 hours of receipt
• Actively solicit increases in limits and/or coverages or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact
• Follow up on outstanding claims and provide assistance in their resolution, as necessary
• Solicit expiration dates for policies not written by agency. Expectations are an average of one expiration date per client serviced.
• Complete AMS 360 input forms per procedural guidelines
• Maintain and facilitate accurate prospect, client, company related records
• Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, as well as agency and company personnel, to minimize potentials for error or omission claims
• Identify and solicit sales prospects from various sources provided by agency, mailings, and/or phone contacts
• Document all conversations with insureds, carriers and/or other parties regarding exposures and coverages
• Provide required reports on a timely basis
• Perform other functions as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• All licenses to discuss or place insurance as required by the State Department of Insurance in states where the agency functions
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with customers, employees, and division staff
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
• Word processing and computer skills
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Strong organizational skills
• Maintain knowledge of underwriting criteria for carriers represented by agency.
• In-depth understanding and knowledge of insurance terminology, documents, coverages, underwriting, rating, claims, premium billing and collection methods
• Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation systems and various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to quickly learn manual systems and computer tools
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to work well both independently and as a team member
• Ability to dress in a professional manner
• This position requires a professional demeanor and an orientation towards customer service
• Methodical and repetitive work environment
• Working and being in contact with various personalities on a daily basis
PSYCHOLOGICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB The psychological demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee spends 2/3 or more of the total time on the job:
• Changing priorities
• Being interrupted
• Juggling multiple tasks
• Meeting deadlines
• Working alone
• Paying attention to detail
• Having to "think on my feet"
• Building rapport with clients/underwriters, etc.
• Dealing with a "fast-paced" environment Employee spends 1/3 to 2/3 of the total time:
• Working as part of a team
• Interacting with people from other departments
• Selling my ideas and opinions Employee spends up to 1/3 of the total time:
• Dealing with irritated and angry people
• Responding to the needs of multiple bosses
• Working 8 hours/day
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
Regularly (2/3 or more total time) required to:
• sit on an office chair up to 6 hours per day
• use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and controls such as those on telephones and computers
• talk and hear in person and on the telephone
• reach with hands and arms, grasp objects, twist the upper body, rotate the wrist, and use finger dexterity writing and using the computer Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time