Daytona Employment is currently recruiting for a Medical Customer Service Specialist (MCSS)
Education, skills and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical office experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service
- Experience with computers and the ability to learn, navigate and function in various computer applications
- Strong, clear, English telephone and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task successfully and efficiently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to comply with HIPAA guidelines
- Minimum typing speed of 30 wpm required
The Medical Customer Service Specialist performs a number of duties including greeting and checking in patients/visitors, scheduling appointments, answering incoming calls, taking messages, collecting co-pays, scanning medical documentation, identifying insurance coverage, working with patient referrals, end of day closing tasks, and tasking using Electronic Health Records (E.H.R.).
- Welcomes patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, taking complete messages, arrives patients, verifies eligibility and benefits and collects accordingly.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction and provider time by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying staff of patient's arrival.
- Comforts patients by anticipating their needs, answering patients' questions and maintaining the reception area.
- Responsible for providing new patients with appropriate questionnaire, collects information and forwards to the Medical Billing Department and/or Chart Building Department for processing.
- Responsible for maintaining a cash drawer as well completing end of day paperwork with minimal errors.
- Properly processes all motor vehicle, worker's compensation claims and other accidents by ensuring correct verification is obtained. Sends documentation to the Coordination of Benefits Department in a timely manner.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of task bins to include but not limited to referrals, patient appointments, patient call backs and or other information as requested.
- Reviews overdue orders. Follows up with appropriate staff as needed.
- Triages patient phone calls, makes appropriate determinations resulting in either an appointment or submission of a message to the appropriate staff member(s) based on office protocols.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information according to HIPPA guidelines.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other job related duties as directed by the manager or designee.
- Takes an active involvement in Performance Improvement.
Requires bending, standing, reaching, walking and sitting for periods of eight hours or longer. Works in an office atmosphere.
Works with computer, fax, copier and general office equipment. Lifting, pushing, and pulling required of up to 30 pounds.