Daytona Employment is currently recruiting for a Litigation Legal Assistant
LITIGATION LEGAL ASSISTANT - Full time
The position includes both administrative and paralegal responsibilities.
Provide general office support for litigation attorneys. For example, maintain and organize files, photocopy, maintain calendars, prepare expense reports, submit invoices for payment, schedule travel, coordinate meetings, calls and conferences to include ordering meals, scheduling conference rooms, and room set up.
• Provide support for the firm's monthly billing process, track attorney time records and billing.
• Set up new clients and matters in the billing system.
• Prepare correspondence, documents and presentations; take responsibility for formatting, consistency and accuracy on time-sensitive, high-profile documents.
• Calculate and calendar court deadlines.
• Format, proofread, and finalize detailed correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents; prepare and finalize basic correspondence and other documents as necessary.
• Establish and maintain paper and electronic filing systems; classify, sort and file correspondence, records, and other documents.
• File pleadings in state and federal trial courts, courts of appeals, and Supreme Courts; communicate with court staff, as necessary; keep current with changes in court rules and filing procedures.
• Perform general research and support activities to assist attorneys.
This position requires good interpersonal and outstanding organizational skills, possess a high-level proficiency with Word and Outlook. Must be willing to learn and work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as work independently.
MUST HAVE 3 - 5 YRS. EXPERIENCE