Daytona Employment is currently Recruiting for a Host/Hostess
Provides all aspects of meal service to in-patients including menu selection, tray delivery, set up, and retrieval, documentation of food eaten, and ensuring satisfaction with meals.
High School diploma or GED required
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE:
Skills in oral and written communication required. Good organization skills and ability to work within pre-defined time frames and deadlines. Must have superior customer service skills and professional appearance. Good hand-eye coordination and body mechanics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Distributes room service menus to patients on assigned areas whose diet order permit room service. Gives patients on modified diets explanation of diet cards; fills in pattern on consistent carbohydrate diets.
- Explains service to patient using established scripting format which includes when orders are taken, hours of service, etc. During this conversation, assesses the patient's ability/willingness to order meals and designates patient as “RS” (room service) or “RS with assist” according to policy and procedure.
- Takes patient meal orders as closely as possible to meal time; enters into iPad with established queue time to print for that patient care unit. Tells patient time frame to expect that meal per cart order and times policy.
- Delivers trays to patient bedside using established scripting and ensures satisfaction with meal by providing missing items, checking diet order, etc. Clears and adjusts bedside table as necessary so that patient is able to eat comfortably.
- Retrieves trays from patient rooms noting percent of meal eaten on I and O sheet. Offers patients alternate food choices if intake is poor; consults dietitian when patient has eaten 25% or less of tray for two or more consecutive days.
- Documents percent eaten of each item on tray ticket for patients on calorie counts and place tray ticket in envelope provided.
- Before leaving patient's room, ask to offer assistance with any other request.
- Unloads and scraps patient trays and assists with dish washing when necessary.
- Delivers floor stocks, nourishments, and tube feedings to patient care units.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills, team work, and ability to proactively solve problems and work toward the common goal of excellent food service for the patient.
- Follows all food safety, patient safety, especially patient identification, and infection control/isolation policies and procedures.
- Serves guest trays to patients' visitors/family members who order them. Receives cash for them and gives visitor change; turns in cash received to a diet clerk or supervisor.
- Works in unison with nursing staff and patient ambassadors to achieve highest level of nutritional care and satisfaction with meal service possible.
- Performs any other duties assigned by supervisors.
Walking and standing for long periods of time resulting in moderate fatigue. Consistent lifting of 15-20 pounds and consistent pushing or pulling of 50 or more pounds (tray delivery carts). Regular hours of work, day or evening hours; weekend and holiday hours are required.
Continuous walking and standing; must pull patient tray delivery carts to assigned nursing units.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT/ WORK AIDS: Vocera, iPad