POSITION: Part Time Tech I
POSITION OBJECTIVES: Part time/Full time position that assists the Technician in the field and in the shop for the repair and restoration of leather, vinyl and plastic in automotive, residential, marine, aviation. commercial and residential markets. Work areas include private homes, dealerships, marinas, restaurants and the shop.
- Mobilize - travel to job sites using company vehicle and help set up work areas. This includes unloading and setting up equipment, connecting to power sources and prepping work areas.
- Preparation of work areas - This includes cleaning various work areas - masking off (taping) work areas.
- Removing car seats and other components - moving furniture - removing boat seats and other components.
- De-Mobilize - As jobs are completed, remove masking, disconnect power and roll up cords, load equipment back into work truck.
- Shop - at the end of each shift, unload and store product - clean air brush bottles, HVLP guns and tools and prep for the next day by replenishing product in tool kits.
- Call on new and existing customers
- Put out flyers and door hangers.
- Clean vehicles
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Hand tools such as wrenches and sockets
- 2.Electric and air powered tools - compressors, airbrush, HVLP gun, cordless drills, dremmels
- Company Vehicle
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Willingness and ability to learn technical functions of the business.
- Clean driving record.
- Requires some heavy lifting, squatting and reaching
- Ability to work with a variety of people and changing situations
- Prior experience with hand and power tools helpful, but not required.
- Working with the customers or the public
- Works in the field in sometimes extreme conditions including heat, cold, rain, wind etc.