Daytona Employment is currently recruiting for an Accounting Manager.
Education, skills, and experience:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting REQUIRED; Master's degree in Accounting and/or CPA preferred.
2. 3+ years' experience in an accounting management role REQUIRED.
3. 5+ years' general accounting experience REQUIRED.
4. Strong oral, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to multi-task and handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
6. Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
8. Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
9. High degree of integrity including the ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information.
10. Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of proper accounting treatment and internal controls for accounting transactions and activities.
This position is responsible for managing and directing the operational functions and activities of the Accounting department area ensuring that workflow requirements are performed in timely and accurate manner; maintaining cost effective and efficient processes and delivering superior customer service in support of corporate goals.
1. Manage day-to-day accounting operations including general accounting, accounts payable, purchasing and payroll areas.
2. Ensure an accurate and timely month and year end close.
3. Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations.
4. Supervise, train and evaluate staff.
5. Ensure cross training on critical tasks.
6. Monitors department work to develop more efficient procedures while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
7. Provide assistance to clinics and pharmacies to resolve any finance issues.
8. Assist with audit requests.
9. Maintain accounting policies and procedures.
10. Identifies, intervenes, documents, and reports risk management issues.
11. Adheres to company safety and hazardous materials policies.
1. Performs other job duties as directed by the Director or Administrator.
1. Must be able to effectively supervise and motivate employees.
2. Must obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial close process and ensure deadlines are met.
3. Must maintain a high level of accuracy.
4. Must maintain accounting controls.
5. Must possess the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
6. Must maintain confidentially of all sensitive materials.
7. Must comply with all work rules including, but not limited to, the Company's attendance policy.
8. Must not present a direct threat to the safety or health of the worker or others.
Works in an office atmosphere.
Works with computer, A/V equipment, and general office equipment.
Ability to maintain flexible work schedule to meet job description requirements.
Salary - 70k+