Daytona Employment is currently recruiting for A/R Specialist
Job Description: A/R Specialist
The rumors are true. This Company is the greatest workplace in Daytona Beach! We're a smart, collaborative team that's willing to go the extra mile. They are for you if you're determined and focused and have the sense of humor to roll with the unique challenges that come with working in a dynamic, growing business.
Company is searching for a medical biller with strong A/R experience to join our world-class billing team. We offer competitive pay and benefits, paid time off, holiday pay including your birthday as a holiday, 401k, and a dynamic culture and work environment. We seek a biller with medical billing and insurance practices, including Medicaid and Medicare. They should have a basic knowledge of medical billing and insurance credentialing practices. They should also have excellent customer service and communications skills.
Essential Functions May Include:
- Denial management and working denials - responsible for taking action on each non-payment or zero pay claim. Including contacting payers as needed to diagnose, correct, and rebill claims.
- Identify and resolve issues with client A/R balances.
- NR -researching and correcting claims.
- Maintaining the privacy and security of protected health information and adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting insurance payer issues as they arise. Must communicate all issues to teammates and supervisor.
- Responsible for contacting insurance companies regarding outstanding claims.
- Responsible for providing any information (medical records, itemized statements, etc.) required by insurance companies to overturn denied claims. Must maintain a system to ensure timely follow-up is completed for each outstanding account.
- Maintain status reports consisting of outstanding accounts assigned. Responsible for following up on all accounts listed on the report until resolved
Education: High School Diploma or GED. Billing certification and at least (2) two years of billing experience required. Experience can substitute for certification.
- At least (2) years of medical billing experience.
- A background in hospital and/or medical facility preferred.
- Knowledge of medical billing/insurance practices.
- Knowledge of billing computer software.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Comprehensive understanding of how to process paper and electronic medical claims.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with insurance company representatives, colleagues, clients and patients if needed.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- A positive attitude.
- A strong desire to succeed.